Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Nothing Changes
Today marks 3 weeks of unemployment for me. It's actually really hard to believe that, because every day feels so exactly the same. For the first week or so, I could recall what I did on a day to day basis but this far in, no chance. I've had a couple interviews, but both are completely out of the question for a variety of reasons. The main one, though, is that each requires accosting strangers on the street and getting them to fork over money. Seeing as how I don't have a personality, this would only get as far as making a mockery of myself before being dismissed anyhow. The other thing bothering me about both positions is how desperate these places were. In one case, I landed an interview without sending a resume. I asked for some information and was asked to interview. I brought my resume to the interview, and the manager looked at it for maybe 5 seconds. Maybe. It definitely wasn't enough time to realize that I have no experience doing this type of work, but another 60 seconds later and the guy is asking me to come back for a second interview. Not only would I suck at this job, but the pay is awful too. I'm no fat cat millionaire who's used to raking in big money, but I can't support even myself let alone a wife and future kid on a full time job paying minimum wage. But there I go, breaking off on some boohoo, over the top, self indulgent tangent. Will someone please tell me to just shut the fuck up? My coffee is ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment