Wednesday, February 25, 2009
I Love Gore
Not Al Gore, although I admire his efforts, but I mean real gore. At least in movies. Maybe I don't need to walk down the street and see a guy's brains leaking out onto the sidewalk, but when I'm watching films it's perfectly enjoyable. Last night, I saw a Japanese film called The Machine Girl, about a high school girl whose brother is killed by local yakuza. On her quest to avenge her brother's death, she destroys a slew of yakuza, has her arm cut off, and custom fits a machine gun onto her nub for maximum blood. The storyline became a little flat, but the excessive number of decapitations and disembowelments was truly satisfying. It wasn't just the physical acts but rather the time spent showing the aftermath that got me excited. The effects were such that with every amputation, an exploding geyser of blood erupted everywhere. And it would go on for longer than would ever be really possible. It put old Peter Jackson movies to shame in terms of blood levels. As a side note, there was also a sword fight with people wearing football pads. There's not much reason for me to write about any of this, I just enjoyed it in a time of otherwise monotony.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment